Little House

Little House
The Begginings...

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Beggining batroom tear out...

So this weekend began the tear out of the old bathroom.  The first day (Sunday) I tore out the sink, tub, most of the drywall on the walls and most of the floor.  I left the toilet and a little floor in just because I wasn't quite ready to tear that out yet.  I was surprised to find that most everything above floor level was fine internally.  Unfortunately the under floor was a bit more damaged than I had hoped but not as bad as I had feared.  the sills are soft and the top edges of the joists I exposed were dry rotted about an inch down.  One joist was rotted completely off from the band joist and sill though.  This was from water problems outside that created a breach and was further damaged by a rodent.






No comments:

Post a Comment